2014 FIPS disallows ANSI X9.31

John Masinter john at masinter.net
Fri Jan 17 15:07:50 CET 2014

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, I agree FIPS is useless. But its required in order to sell any hardware
or software based product into many areas of the public sector.

With so many Linux based products already FIPS certified, I'm surprised
that this has not been done for Gcrypt. Or maybe those products did this
already, but were not good netizens, and did not share the result.

Okay, if my colleagues agree to allow me the time to update
Gcrypt to SP800-90, then of course I'll share the results back here.

Thanks again for the tips and advice.

--John Masinter