Storing keys and signatures as sexps

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jan 23 11:29:01 CET 2014

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 18:27, ludo at gnu.org said:

>   • libspki stores RSA public keys as shown in
>     <http://theworld.com/~cme/spki.txt>, with tokens like
>     ‘rsa-pkcs1-md5’, whereas gcrypt produces something slightly
>     different;

Right, the one-identifier approach for all algorithms involved has not
been of my taste.  And well, SPKI was dead even back in 2001 when I cam
up with our format.

> It would be great if we could work towards unifying the sexps used in
> both implementations.

That would be quite hard given that we need to take care of backward
compatibility and a software base in production use form more than a
decade.

Shalom-Salam,