"Fixing" private key/generating public key from incomplete private

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Mar 5 08:41:10 CET 2014

On Tue,  4 Mar 2014 16:27, dbaryshkov at gmail.com said:

> The problem is that they are not supported yet for non-ECC things,
> are they?

Not yet needed.  I could implement gcry_pubkey_testkey to allow for RSA
and DSA  public key fixup.  Shall I?

> Would it be possible to use contexts instead of s-exp in external API?
> That would bring some speedup for the library I think.

The key representation in the API are not a problem performance wise.
There are lot of options to speed up public key computations.  gniibe
recently applied a patch which not only restored RSA performance but
actually improved it a lot.  Recall that there has been no performance
work for 10 years or so.

Shalom-Salam,