AES192 & AES256 in CBC mode [libgcrypt]

Jan Bilek jan.bilek at eftlab.co.uk
Fri Nov 28 02:10:20 CET 2014

Hello,

I've just bounced in a potential problem with libgcrypt while trying to
do AES192 & AES256 in CBC mode.

All works well with AES128 for all cipher modes, however when moving to
AES192 & AES256 and GCRY_CIPHER_MODE_CBC it looks like all buffers are
being written just in first 128 bits of output.

Please see example code attached.

Let me know if you'll be able to confirm that and if confirmed if I may
help with fixing it.

Thank you & Kind Regards,
Jan

Jan Bilek
CTO, EFTlab Pty Ltd
email:jan.bilek at eftlab.co.uk
mob:   +61 (0) 498 103 179

the addressee(s). E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure
or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. EFTlab Ltd
cannot accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of
this message, which may arise as a result of e-mail transmission. Please
note that EFTlab Ltd may monitor, analyse and archive email traffic,
data and the content of email for the purposes of security, legal
compliance and staff training. If you have received this email in error
please notify us at support at eftlab.co.uk. EFTlab is a limited company
registered in England & Wales with Reg No. 07528943. The Registered
Office is 21-27 Lamb's Conduit Street, London, WC1N 3GS.