Adding SHA3 and 1.7 release plan.

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Aug 8 10:59:39 CEST 2015

Hi,

I just pushed the framework to support SHA3.  There is no implementation
yet but we have the macros and build framework for it.  The plan is to
take the Keccak-readable-and-compact.c from The reference implementaion
which is under CC0 and use this for a first non-optimized version.

SHAKE128 and SHAKE256 are not yet supported because we need to think on
how to fit their variable digest lengths into our API.

Jussi: Do you want to do that or shall I take it - I probably do not
have the time for it in the next week but can do that soon after.

With a basic SHA3 implementation availabale we whould consider to get
1.7 ready for a release.

Salam-Shalom,