git hooks

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jan 5 16:43:14 CET 2015

Hi!

I just noticed that for Libgcrypt we do not install a commit-msg check
script (via autogen.sh).  GnuPG does this similar to GNU coreutils to
limit the linelength to 72 characters and ensure that there is a subject
line.

I still consider it good style to have short lines in mails and on
ttys.  For Jussi's benchmark results that might sometimes be too short
but in these cases it is easy to temporary disable the script.

Shall I add such a hook to autogen.sh?

Shalom-Salam,