version 1.7

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Fri Feb 12 14:15:05 CET 2016

On 2016-02-10 Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:
> On Sun,  7 Feb 2016 18:09, ametzler at bebt.de said:
>> Would it make sense to upload GIT head to Debian/experimental to get
>> some autobuilder exposure?

> That would indeed be helpful.  I can also provide a tarball if you like.

Hello,

[x] Done

This seems to have worked out quite well until now:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libgcrypt20&suite=experimental

Out of the yet tried builds only one failed, PPC64:
--------------------
PASS: prime
selftest for CFB failed - see syslog for details
pass 0, algo 4, mode 1, gcry_cipher_setkey failed: Selftest failed
pass 0, algo 4, mode 2, gcry_cipher_setkey failed: Selftest failed
pass 0, algo 4, mode 5, gcry_cipher_setkey failed: Selftest failed
pass 0, algo 4, mode 3, gcry_cipher_setkey failed: Selftest failed
pass 0, algo 4, mode 3, gcry_cipher_setkey failed: Selftest failed
pass 0, algo 4, mode 6, gcry_cipher_setkey failed: Selftest failed
FAIL: basic
[...]
CMAC_CAST5              20ms    20ms    30ms
selftest for CFB failed - see syslog for details
benchmark: error setting key for mac algorithm `CMAC_BLOWFISH': Selftest failed
FAIL: benchmark
selftest for CFB failed - see syslog for details
bench-slope: error setting key for mac `CMAC_BLOWFISH'
Note: bench-slope running in quick regression test mode.
 CMAC_CAST5         |     20.93 ns/B     45.57 MiB/s         - c/B
 CMAC_BLOWFISH      | FAIL: bench-slope
SKIP: hashtest-256g
3 of 25 tests failed
(1 test was not run)

This is also present in 1.6 where we work around it with
http://sources.debian.net/src/libgcrypt20/1.6.5-2/debian/patches/20_fedora_libgcrypt-1.6.3-aliasing.patch/

I had already forwarded this here in
https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gcrypt-devel/2015-September/003571.html

cu Andreas