LGPL vs. OCB license

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Dec 15 19:30:25 CET 2017

On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 18:04, r030t1 at gmail.com said:

> Such an opinion is cowardly and reprehensible: if you can not give
> legal advise on friendly terms, then it is only because you do not
> understand the law; if you do not understand the law, which you are

Nope: In Germany it unlawful to give legal advice without having the
required formal education or a certification.  Since 2008 it seems to be
a bit less strict than the old Nazi law but it is unfortunately still in
effect.  The English wikipedia has no entry, thus I can only point you
to https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rechtsdienstleistungsgesetz

> If he is not a lawyer, why should he check the licenses? Even if he

Because Siemens is one of the largest companies in Germany.  They even
have a department for education on the use of free software.

Salam-Shalom,