About the manual (gcrypt.texi)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 9 08:06:57 CET 2017

On Wed,  8 Feb 2017 14:55, peter at lekensteyn.nl said:

> This should probably be changed to Git.

Thanks for reporting,

> This part I do not really understand, why would a git tag where you
> manually run autogen.sh be different? Have there been issues in the

It is sometimes not possible to replicate problems when software has
been build from git.  For example, different versions of autotools are
used, files may be in the repo which are not distributed, and there
won't be a well defined version number.

Even with tarballs we sometimes run into problems because some Linux
distributions replace parts of the build environment (i.e. running
autoreconf).  In general this is not a problem as long as we known
that for example the Debian version 1.7.5 is used.

Salam-Shalom,