GNU.org libgcrypt homepage

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Mar 16 08:09:42 CET 2017

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 21:55, hanno at hboeck.de said:

> This may be because someone decided it's the sane thing to switch off
> ftp. It's an inherently insecure protocol (there is ftp+tls, but no

Nope.  It is merely that there is no alpha/libgcrypt directory anymore.

We provide signatures for all files on the ftp server.  Checking the
signatures is a far better practice than to rely on a public exposed
server and the questionable security of X.509 secured TLS connections.

> Here's the right URL:
>  https://gnupg.org/ftp/gcrypt/libgcrypt/

The landing page is

  https://gnupg.org/related_software/libgcrypt/

which tells you the current version.

I'll change the gnu.org page to redirect to the above thing.

Salam-Shalom,