p and q value genkey for ecc.

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 12:20:35 CEST 2018

Hi,

I'm using the gcry_pk_genkey to create publc and private keys (for
ecdh/curve ed25519 ao)
Now I read in the documentation that the result of this is  an s-expr
with ecc and curve ed25519 that q and p are stored as values.
(see 6.4 General public-key related Functions)

This is somewhat counfusing.
d is and mpi, q is an mpoint for ecc keys.
for other keydata s-expressions (like for rsa) the parameters like d
and p are stored as mpi.
Now I expect q is stored in the keydata s-expr as value (to be read as
an opaque mpi), which is ok,  and the d as mpi, which is not the case.
Is this intentional?

Thanks in advance,

Stef