gpg-agent 'crashes' with libgcrypt 1.9.0

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at yandex.ru
Mon Jan 25 07:12:24 CET 2021

Hello
** NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe at fsij.org> [2021-01-25 14:17:50 +0900]:

> Hello,

> Sorry for the trouble.  Most likely, it's my fault.

> I think that you are using Ed25519 key.

Yes, I didn't thought it is important but yes, in pinentry dialog it is
identified as EDDSA (public part is available by wkd for vladimir at bkoty.ru).

> In 1.9, we handle the private key as fixed-size opaque string consistently,
> while it was handled differently in 1.8.  We have a support of non
> fixed-size key which was created by GnuPG 2.2, but it had a bug.

> Please test following patch.

After I rebuilt libgcrypt and gnupg (in that order) I can sign, encrypt and
decrypt messages as it was before, no more failures or gpg-agent "crashes".
Thank you!

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--