1.9.1 build error (cross-build for Windows)

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Sun Jan 31 14:24:52 CET 2021

On 2021-01-30 Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 20:23, Andreas Metzler said:

> > 1.9.1 does not cross-build for Windows (on Linux):

> Actually Windows is our mayor test platform and cross compiling is
> mandatory for this.  Please use the standard options and don't invent
> your own:

>   ./autogen.sh --build-w32

> or

>   ./autogen.sh --build-w64

> is the correct way to run configure.
[...]

Hello,

I cannot use that since I need an out-of-tree-build. Looking at how
./configure is invoked by the abovementioned command

--enable-maintainer-mode --prefix=/home/ametzler/w32root --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu SYSROOT=/home/ametzler/w32root PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/home/ametzler/w32root/lib/pkgconfig

I will test with simpler ./configure flags (host/build/prefix), letting
upstream choose optimization and assembly enablement.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'