Test suite fixes with --enable-pubkey-ciphers=ecc

Clemens Lang cllang at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 19:00:41 CEST 2022

Hello,

I'm currently working on extending the GitLab CI system at [1] with
a reduced configuration to catch issues where code does not use the
appropriate pre-processor defines for one of the
  --enable-{ciphers,pubkey-ciphers,digests,kdfs,random}
configure options.

I compiled what one might call a very modern configuration (see below)
and was pleasntly surprised that most of the tests seems to work just
fine. The only issues I noticed were that the tests really expect to be
compiled with support for RSA (that's reasonable, I'd say) and ElGamal
and DSA (where I'd say it's more likely for users to actually do that).

I tested:

  --enable-ciphers="aes salsa20 chacha20" \
  --enable-pubkey-ciphers="ecc" \
  --enable-digests="sha256 sha512 sha3 blake2" \
  --enable-kdfs="pkdf2 scrypt" \
  --enable-random="getentropy" \
  --enable-static \
  --disable-shared \
  --enable-maintainer-mode \
  --disable-asm

This patch series fixes the issues caused by --enable-pubkey-ciphers=ecc
(and hopefully also fixes the use of ECC without a proper #if or runtime
check).

 [1] https://gitlab.com/redhat-crypto/libgcrypt/libgcrypt-mirror

HTH,
Clemens