Properly Compiling gcrypt for all debug symbols

Derek Cole derek.cole at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 23:20:20 CEST 2022

Hello All,

I am trying to compile libcrypt to enable all debug symbols. In particular,
I am seeing that gcry_mpi_t variables are <optimized out> in GDB.

I am using the following which I found online to compile.

CFLAGS='-g -O0' CXXFLAGS='-g -O0' ./configure --enable-static
--sysconfdir=/etc --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --localstatedir=/var/local
--runstatedir=/run   --libdir=/usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
--enable-m-guard --enable-hmac-binary-check --with-capabilities && make
-j$(nproc) && make install

Thanks,

Derek