Adding new public key KEM API

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Oct 24 11:03:21 CEST 2023

On Tue, 24 Oct 2023 15:25, NIIBE Yutaka said:

> I wonder if this kind of run-time check in libgcrypt is useful in lower
> level API.

For internal use in libgcrypt we don't need a size argument.  For the
piblic API we should have one; we nearly always do this.  One exception
which comes to mind is gcry_md_read but this function just returns data
and does not take data.

Of course we could also switch back to s-expressions as used by all
other public key functions.  But your gaol is to have an asier to use
API than one where you first need to construct an s-expression and later
parse the result from it (and I agree with you here).

Shalom-Salam,

The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein