Correction about the Flash Zero-Wait on GD32F103

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Wed Aug 22 07:42:57 CEST 2018

tomli at tomli.me wrote:
> Therefore, we should be able to use this chip without worrying
> about incompatibility, or timing attacks.

Thanks for your update.

> BTW, I have confirmed on my board that the updated Chopstx and Gnuk
> is indeed working correctly. Thanks for your hard-work. I guess it's
> the right time to upstream the OpenOCD patches for GD32 development.

Today, I released BBG-SWD version 0.04.  For me, normal flash write with
OpenOCD mostly works without specific change for GD32F103.  My problem
was that: When I tried to erase all flash by

	> flash erase_sector 0 0 127

It failed.  When I did for pages by pages, I managed to erase all
pages.

In February, your change was, iiuc, timing change and 32-bit access
change.  I think that latter may not be needed.