Gnuk and max-cache-ttl

Bertrand Jacquin bertrand at jacquin.bzh
Sun Aug 26 03:13:06 CEST 2018

Hi,

I've noticed this issue since a long time but never reported it yet. I
have the following configuration defined in ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf to
ensure the passphrase of my gnuk is not kept too long in gpg-agent
memory:

  default-cache-ttl     600
  default-cache-ttl-ssh 600
  max-cache-ttl         600
  max-cache-ttl-ssh     600

It seems that none of these parameters are properly respected, if I
leave my computer alive for more than 4 hours, no passphrase is asked
to me again when I use gpg-agent as a ssh-agent and connecting to a
remote host using SSH.

I am currently using gnupg 2.2.8.

Note that this issue does not happen with software gnupg keys.

Is this is a known issue ?

Cheers

--
Bertrand