Private data objects

Daniel Manrique dmanriq at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 02:12:38 CET 2019

(I have tried to send this message before but didn't seem to make it
through. My apologies if you receive it twice.)

Hi,

I've been testing gnuk on a st-link stick for some weeks now. In general it
works pretty well. I'm very happy with it and very grateful for Niibe's
great work.

One thing that I've noted is that gnuk doesn't seem to implement the
private data objects (DO1-4) from the openpgp card specification. In my
case that's what currently prevents me to fully adopt gnuk instead of still
relying on a smartcard.

My question is: are there plans to implement the private data objects? how
difficult would be to do it?

Thank you very much for your help!