Suitability of STM32L432KC?

Terminada gnupg.org at terminada.io
Wed Oct 11 09:24:19 CEST 2023

Hi NIIBE Yutaka,

I am wondering about the suitability of STM32L432KC chip if I was to
build a FST-01SZ equivalent.

The datasheet https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32l432kc.pdf
Says:

"Core: Arm® 32-bit Cortex®-M4 CPU with FPU,Adaptive real-time
accelerator (ART Accelerator™) allowing 0-wait-state execution
from Flash memory, frequency up to 80 MHz, MPU, 100DMIPS and DSP
instructions"

"The STM32L432xx devices embed several protection mechanisms for
embedded Flash memory and SRAM: readout protection, write protection,
proprietary code readout protection and Firewall."

Would this be a better ARM processor to use than the one used in
FST-01SZ?  Or would you recommend something else?

I have a FST-01SZ currently, which I use daily, but I need more.

Thanks for all your work.