RSAREF for GnuPG

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jul 2 11:44:53 CEST 1999

----- Forwarded message from Dave Dykstra <dwd at bell-labs.com> -----

On Jun 26, 12:44pm, Werner Koch wrote:
> just want to tell you that Jason Gunthorpe wrote a GnuPG module
> which uses RSAREF to implement RSA.  The source is now available in
> the contrib directory of the GnuPG FTP servers (but not the RSAREF library).
> The original source is at:
>
>     http://non-us.debian.org/~jgg/rsaref.c

I found that I had to move the inclusion of rsaref.h to be before the
inclusion of rsa.h.  I reported that to Jason but he hasn't made the change
yet.

> And RSAREF is available here:
>
>     ftp://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists/stable/non-US/source/rsaref_19930105.orig.tar.gz

That is the original RSAREF (slightly modified for PGP 2.6.2).  RSAREF 2.0
has a more liberal license for use for non-revenue generating purposes by
corporations and is available at

    ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/crypt/cryptography/asymmetric/rsa/rsaref2.tar.gz

I have successfully used Jason's extension with GnuPG 0.9.7 and RSAREF 2.0.

- Dave Dykstra

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.openIT.de             keyid 621CC013