[Announce] GnuPG signature key update and X-Request-PGP

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Dec 23 17:11:02 CET 2002

Hello!

The key used to sign GnuPG distributions would expire in a few days.
I have extended the lifetime of this key for another 12 months -
please find below an updated copy of this key.

On another topic: Due to problems with some of the keyservers, it
might not be possible to retrieve or refresh some keys; to work around
this, I suggest the use of a mail header to get the canonical address
of a key.  This will most likely point to a web page, but other URL
schemes do also make sense.  The proposed format of such a mail header
is:

For example, I use this one

Please make use of this. If you are the author of a MUA, please
consider to add support for it.

Merry Christmas and my best wishes for the new year,

  Werner

  pub  1024D/57548DCD 1998-07-07 Werner Koch (gnupg sig) <dd9jn at gnu.org>

 Note, that this key is signed using my certification key.