[Announce] GPA 0.6.1 released
mcoca at gnu.org
Thu Jan 30 13:36:31 CET 2003
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
We are pleased to announce the release of GPA 0.6.1
GPA is a graphical frontend for the GNU Privacy Guard (GnuPG,
http://www.gnupg.org). GPA can be used to encrypt, decrypt, and sign files,
to verify signatures and to manage the private and public keys.
GPA depends on the GnuPG Made Easy (GPGME) library, version 0.4.0. It
should work with later versions, but as GPGME 0.4 is still under
development, we can make no guarantees.
This is a development release. Please be careful when using it on
You can find the release here:
The MD5 checksums for this release are:
Noteworthy changes in version 0.6.1 (2003-01-29)
* Added a popup menu to the keyring view, with all the common operations.
* Keys' expiration dates can be choosen by clicking on a calendar.
* The key generation dialogs have been revamped to use GTK+2 stock widgets.
* The passphrase for a key can be changed from the edit key dialog.
* Revoked user names are properly treated. They are not displayed, save in
the details notebook, and then they are clearly marked as revoked.
* GPA now uses the standard GTK+ file selection dialog.
* Added Swedish translation.
* Many other bugfixes, including several portability issues.
Known problems in version 0.6.1
* Keyserver access now depends on the GnuPG's plugins themselves, instead
of on the gpg executable. Therefore, these plugins must be installed for
keyserver access to work:
- LDAP keyservers require the gpgkeys_ldap plugin, which is
automatically compiled along with gpg if the OpenLDAP libraries are
- HKP keyserver access needs gpgkeys_hkp, which is provided by
default along with GnuPG >= 1.3.0, and can be compiled for GnuPG
1.2.x by passing the --enable-external-hkp option to configure.
* It's been reported that compiling a Win32 version of GPA is impossible
right now, due to our dependence on GPGME.
Miguel Coca (mcoca at gnu.org) http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/
OpenPGP: E60A CBF4 5C6F 914E B6C1 C402 8C4D C7B6 27FC 3CA8
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Gnupg-announce