[Announce] GnuPG 1.3.90 released (development)
dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sat Oct 2 15:47:23 CEST 2004
The latest release from the development branch of GnuPG is ready for
public consumption. This is a branch to create what will very soon
become GnuPG 1.4. As the version jump from 1.3.6 to 1.3.90 indicates,
the 1.4 release is expected soon. We encourage people to try this
development release and report any feedback or problems to
gnupg-devel at gnupg.org.
As always, note that while this code is stable enough for many uses,
it is still the development branch. Mission-critical applications
should use the 1.2.x stable branch.
The files are available from:
MD5 checksums for the files are:
Noteworthy changes in version 1.3.90 (2004-10-01)
* Readline support at all prompts is now available if the systems
provides a readline library. The build time option
--without-readline may be used to disable this feature.
* Support for the OpenPGP smartcard is now enabled by default.
Use the option --disable-card-support to build without support
* New command "addcardkey" in the key edit menu to add subkeys to
a smartcard. New command "keytocard" to transfer a key to a
The serial number of the card is show in secret key listings.
* -K may now be used as an alias for --list-secret-keys.
* HTTP Basic authentication is now supported for all HKP and HTTP
keyserver functions, either through a proxy or via direct
The GnuPG team (David, Stefan, Timo and Werner)
More information about the Gnupg-announce