[Announce] Dirmngr 1.0.0 released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Nov 29 15:12:56 CET 2006

Hi!

We are pleased to announce the availability of Dirmngr version 1.0.0.

Dirmngr is a server for managing and downloading certificate
revocation lists (CRLs) for X.509 certificates and for downloading the
certificates themselves.  Dirmngr also handles OCSP requests as an
alternative to CRLs.  Dirmngr is either invoked internally by gpgsm
(from GnuPG-2) or when running as a system daemon through the
dirmngr-client tool.

Get it from:

 ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/dirmngr/dirmngr-1.0.0.tar.bz2 (416k)
 ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/dirmngr/dirmngr-1.0.0.tar.bz2.sig

or as a patch against the last beta version:

 ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/dirmngr/dirmngr-0.9.7-1.0.0.diff.bz2 (35k)

SHA-1 checksums are:

7ab362ec505ed154b00408bb4fd902bf4773fcea  dirmngr-1.0.0.tar.bz2
6d4fee6f196daf65442b58ea923263ff5062796d  dirmngr-0.9.7-1.0.0.diff.bz2

Whats new in this release
=========================

 * Bumbed the version number.

 * Removed included gettext.  We now require the system to provide a
   suitable installation.

Documentation
=============

Dirmngr comes with man pages and as well as with a texinfo based
manual.  Run "info dirmngr" to read the manual or run

  make -C doc dirmngr.pdf

to build a printable version.  If you have questions on the use of
Dirmngr, feel free to ask at gnupg-users at gnupg.org.

Support
=======

Improving Dirmngr is costly, but you can help!  We are looking for
organizations that find Dirmngr useful and wish to contribute back.
You can contribute by reporting bugs, improve the software, or by
donating money.

Commercial support contracts for Dirmngr are available, and they help
finance continued maintenance.  g10 Code GmbH, a Duesseldorf based
company owned and headed by GnuPG's principal author, is currently
funding Dirmngr development.  We are always looking for interesting
development projects.

A service directory is available at:

  http://www.gnupg.org/service.html

Thanks
======

We have to thank all the people who helped with this release.  In
particular Steffen Hansen who wrote the initial version and the folks
at Intevation GmbH who helped a lot by providing infrastructure for
testing and development.

Happy Hacking,

  Werner

--