[Announce] Here comes the release candidate for GnuPG 2.0.8
wk at gnupg.org
Fri Dec 14 17:26:04 CET 2007
I just uploaded a release candidate for GnuPG 2.0.8:
Note that the language files are not all updated and our translators may
want to check whether they find time to send an update in. There are
certainly a couple of bugs not yet fixed as we had not the time to work
through all bug reports, please complain if there are important things
still not resolved.
The actual release of 2.0.8 is also planned for December 20.
Noteworthy changes since 2.0.7
* Make sure that under Windows the file permissions of the socket are
taken into account. This required a change of our socket emulation
code; thus old GnuPG modules can't be used anymore.
* Fixed a crash in gpgconf.
* Enhanced gpg-connect-agent with a small scripting language.
* New option --list-config for gpgconf.
* The envvars XAUTHORITY and PINENTRY_USER_DATA are now passed to the
* Allow encryption with legacy Elgamal sign+encrypt keys with option
* Fixed the auto creation of the key stub for smartcards.
* Fixed a rare bug in decryption using the OpenPGP card.
* Creating DSA2 keys is now possible.
* New option --extra-digest-algo for gpgsm to allow verification of
Note: You need the current version of libassuan (1.0.4) to build this.
Die Gedanken sind frei. Auschnahme regelt ein Bundeschgesetz.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 204 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : /pipermail/attachments/20071214/7e220758/attachment.pgp
More information about the Gnupg-announce