[Announce] GPA 0.8.0 released.
marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Sep 5 12:47:14 CEST 2008
We are pleased to announce the release of GPA 0.8.0.
GPA is a graphical frontend for the GNU Privacy Guard (GnuPG,
http://www.gnupg.org). GPA can be used to encrypt, decrypt, and sign
files, to verify signatures and to manage the private and public keys.
This is a development release. Please be careful when using it on
You can find the release here:
http://wald.intevation.org/frs/download.php/491/gpa-0.8.0.tar.bz2 (571 KB)
There is no patch to the previous release, as this would almost be as
big as the whole package.
The SHA1 checksums for this release are:
Noteworthy changes in version 0.8.0 (2008-09-04)
* Add basic UI server mode and option --daemon.
* GPA now supports direct crypto operations to and from the
clipboard, and features a simple text edit area as well.
* GPA supports manipulating the backend configuration through
* GPA has now basic support for X.509; use the command line switch
--cms to enable this.
* The default keyserver is now taken from gpg.conf and not from
g10 Code GmbH http://g10code.com AmtsGer. Wuppertal HRB 14459
Hüttenstr. 61 Geschäftsführung Werner Koch
D-40699 Erkrath -=- The GnuPG Experts -=- USt-Id DE215605608
More information about the Gnupg-announce