[Announce] First release candidate for GnuPG 2.0.10
wk at gnupg.org
Tue Dec 9 13:00:47 CET 2008
I just uploaded a release candidate for GnuPG 2.0.10:
Note that the language files are not all updated; the known translators
have been informed about this release candidate. If everything works
out fine, the release is planned for end of December.
Noteworthy changes in version 2.0.10 (unreleased)
* [gpg] New keyserver helper gpg2keys_kdns as generic DNS CERT
lookup. Run with --help for a short description. Requires the
* [gpg] New mechanisms "local" and "nodefault" for --auto-key-locate.
Fixed a few problems with this option.
* [gpg] New command --locate-keys.
* [gpg] New options --with-sig-list and --with-sig-check.
* [gpg] The option "-sat" is no longer an alias for --clearsign.
* [gpg] The option --fixed-list-mode is now implicitly used and obsolete.
* [gpg] New control statement %ask-passphrase for the unattended key
* [gpgsm] Now uses AES by default.
* [gpgsm] Made --output option work with --export-secret-key-p12.
* [gpg-agent] Terminate process if the own listening socket is not
anymore served by ourself.
* [scdaemon] Made it more robust on W32.
* [gpg-connect-agent] Accept commands given as command line arguments.
* [w32] Initialized the socket subsystem for all keyserver helpers.
* [w32] The sysconf directory has been moved from a subdirectory of
the installation directory to %CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA%/GNU/etc/gnupg.
* [w32] The gnupg2.nls directory is not anymore used. The standard
locale directory is now used.
* [w32] Fixed a race condition bteween gpg and gpgsm in the use of
temporary file names.
* The gpg-preset-passphrase mechanism works again. An arbitrary
string may now be used for a custom cache ID.
* Admin PINs are cached again (bug in 2.0.9).
* Support for version 2 OpenPGP cards.
* Libgcrypt 1.4 is now required.
There is a small bug I noticed too late: The libgcrypt version is always
printed by gpg2 unless --batch is used.
Die Gedanken sind frei. Auschnahme regelt ein Bundeschgesetz.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 205 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Gnupg-announce