[Announce] W32 build of GnuPG 1.4.10 is broken

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Sep 3 10:14:03 CEST 2009

Hi,

GnuPG 1.4.10 has been announced yesterday, including a binary for
Microsoft windows:

>   gnupg-w32cli-1.4.10.exe (1531k)
>   gnupg-w32cli-1.4.10.exe.sig
>
>       GnuPG compiled for Microsoft Windows and OpenPGP signature.
>       This is a command line only version; the source files are the
>       same as given above.  Note, that this is a minimal installer and
>       unless you are just in need for the gpg binary, you are better
>       off using the full featured installer at http://www.gpg4win.org .

> c4383992b4815311e523d2f12684d47b7a552fca  gnupg-w32cli-1.4.10.exe

It has been reported that this build is proken.  Output and input via
the console prints weird characters and gpg may crash.  We are
investigating the problem now.

The file has been removed from the main ftp server but it may still be
available from mirror sites

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner