[Announce] GnuPG Made Easy (GPGME) 1.13.0 released
wk at gnupg.org
Tue Mar 26 18:50:42 CET 2019
We are pleased to announce version 1.13.0 of GPGME.
GnuPG Made Easy (GPGME) is a C language library that allows to add
support for cryptography to a program. It is designed to make access to
public key crypto engines like gpg and gpgsm easier for applications.
GPGME provides a high-level crypto API for encryption, decryption,
signing, signature verification, and key management. GPGME comes with
language bindings for Common Lisp, C++, QT, Python 2 and 3.
See https://gnupg.org/software/gpgme for more.
Noteworthy changes in version 1.13.0
* Support GPGME_AUDITLOG_DIAG for gpgsm. [#4426]
* New context flag "trust-model".
* Removed support for WindowsCE and Windows ME.
* Aligned the gpgrt-config code with our other libaries.
* Auto-check for all installed Python versions. [#3354]
* Fixed generating card key in the C++ bindings. [#4428]
* Fixed a segv due to bad parameters in genkey. [#4192]
* Fixed crash if the plaintext is ignored in a CMS verify.
* Fixed memleak on Windows. [T4238]
* Tweaked the Windows I/O code.
* Fixed random crashes on Windows due to closing an arbitrary
* Fixed a segv on Windows. [#4369]
* Fixed test suite problems related to dtags. [#4298]
* Fixed bunch of python bugs. [#4242,commit 9de1c96ac3cf]
* Several fixes to the Common Lisp bindings.
* Fixed minor bugs in gpgme-json. [#4331,#4341,#4342,#4343
* Require trace level 8 to dump all I/O data.
* The compiler must now support variadic macros.
* Interface changes relative to the 1.12.0 release:
gpgme_set_ctx_flag EXTENDED: New flag 'trust-model'.
cpp: Context::create NEW.
cpp: Key::isBad NEW.
cpp: Subkey::isBad NEW.
cpp: UserID::isBad NEW.
cpp: UserID::Signature::isBad NEW.
cpp: GenCardKeyInteractor::setAlgo NEW.
[c=C33/A22/R0 cpp=C15/A9/R0 qt=C10/A3/R3]
You may download this library and its OpenPGP signature from:
or from ftp.gnupg.org. The SHA-1 checksum is
but you better check the integrity using the provided signature. See
<https://gnupg.org/download/integrity_check.html> for details.
Maintenance and development of GnuPG is mostly financed by donations.
The GnuPG project currently employs two full-time developer and one
contractor. All work exclusively on GnuPG and closely related software
like Libgcrypt and GPGME.
We have to thank all the people who helped the GnuPG project, be it
testing, coding, translating, suggesting, auditing, administering the
servers, spreading the word, and answering questions on the mailing
Many thanks to our numerous financial supporters, both corporate and
individuals. Without you it would not be possible to keep GnuPG in a
good shape and address all the small and larger requests made by our
Your GnuPG hackers
This is an announcement only mailing list. Please send replies only to
the gnupg-devel 'at' gnupg.org mailing list.
List of Release Signing Keys:
To guarantee that a downloaded GnuPG version has not been tampered by
malicious entities we provide signature files for all tarballs and
binary versions. The keys are also signed by the long term keys of
their respective owners. Current releases are signed by one or more
of these four keys:
rsa2048 2011-01-12 [expires: 2019-12-31]
Key fingerprint = D869 2123 C406 5DEA 5E0F 3AB5 249B 39D2 4F25 E3B6
Werner Koch (dist sig)
rsa2048 2014-10-29 [expires: 2019-12-31]
Key fingerprint = 46CC 7308 65BB 5C78 EBAB ADCF 0437 6F3E E085 6959
David Shaw (GnuPG Release Signing Key) <dshaw 'at' jabberwocky.com>
rsa2048 2014-10-29 [expires: 2020-10-30]
Key fingerprint = 031E C253 6E58 0D8E A286 A9F2 2071 B08A 33BD 3F06
NIIBE Yutaka (GnuPG Release Key) <gniibe 'at' fsij.org>
rsa3072 2017-03-17 [expires: 2027-03-15]
Key fingerprint = 5B80 C575 4298 F0CB 55D8 ED6A BCEF 7E29 4B09 2E28
Andre Heinecke (Release Signing Key)
The keys are available at <https://gnupg.org/signature_key.html> and
in any recently released GnuPG tarball in the file g10/distsigkey.gpg .
Note that this mail has been signed by a different key.
Die Gedanken sind frei. Ausnahmen regelt ein Bundesgesetz.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 227 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Gnupg-announce