reality check

Peter Gutmann pgut001@cs.auckland.ac.nz
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 14:28:02 (NZDT)

You don't really need a random device, there are other ways to get randomness from the system such as the one I use in cryptlib, http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/cryptlib/, feel free to use that if you want. Works under Unix, BeOS, Win16, Win'95, and NT, and (to some extent) OS/2. I'll be presenting a paper on this at the Usenix security symposium in January. Peter.