Encrypted MLs

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Mon Apr 27 22:57:24 CEST 1998

Fred Lindberg <lindberg at id.wustl.edu> writes:

> Is there an easy way using gpg to measure the time taken for the
> per-recipient step?

I should add a profiling option - it's worth the time.

> Is key handling good enough to not make key retrieval a bottle neck
> with say 10,000 recipients (a reasonably high maximum; a mailing list

My plan is to write a fast keyserver which does this stuff.  The
encryption will always take up more time than the key lookup.
You should put the email addresses in left angles into a file:

# This file is the list of subscribers
-r <joe at some.net>
-r <alice at net.nil>

and call gpg with "gpg --options ~/.gnupg/options -e --options ./above-file"
If you would like to use the .qmail format I may add yet another special
option to use this file direct.

This file is stored in memory and should not be too large :-)