gpg 0.3.4, RSA, pgp5 interoperability

Andrew Daviel andrew at andrew.triumf.ca
Fri Aug 21 15:52:39 CEST 1998

OK, so maybe it's all been thrashed out already, but I couldn't see it in
the archives recently ... sorry ..

I just installed gnupg-0.3.4 on Linux 2.0.30
(oh yes, I get " using insecure memory" but have HAVE_MLOCK=1; if I make
gpg suid root I can't run it  - Operation not permitted)

If I export (with pgp5) my DSS key, I can import it into gpg and
then verify a signature made with it. But if I export my RSA key
and try to import that, I get "no valid user ids;  .. missing
self-signature" and can't add it. I also can't add other RSA keys, such as
the CERT public key

With PGP5, my RSA key 0xA3C7204F is shown as signed with
0xA3C7204F (I did self-sign it).

If I can't add public keys like CERT, SGI security, RedHat etc.
it's a bit hopeless trying to use gpg ....

regards

Deniable unless digitally signed
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376