Wassenaar

Tony L. Svanstrom tony at moon.pp.se
Thu Dec 10 09:41:18 CET 1998

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 sen_ml at eccosys.com wrote:

> At around Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:44:08 +0100,
>  Fabio Coatti <cova at felix.unife.it> may have mentioned:
>
> > I've just read about the "Wassenaar Arrangement". I've no words about
> > this. Is already in force (I don't know the english term, I mean: is
> > arleady active?)
> > url to check:
> >
> > http://www.zanshin.com/~bobg/
>
> i've seen some commentary on this by john gilmore -- darren reed
> (author of ip filter) posted this to the ssh mailing list.  does
> anyone have a url for what john gilmore wrote?

You should be able to read about the whole thing at:
<http://www.Wassenaar.org/>

I really hate it and I am going to try to put myself in a position
where I can influence the government here in Sweden. That might sound
like something that's hard to do, but I have recently come in contact
with some people with a similar view on things that are in the right
position to do something. You might say that it's too late now, but
atleast people are starting to wake up. No one cared about this not
long ago but that has changed now that businesses do know that they
can't ignore the electronic world. :-)

     /Tony
--
      \_@ @_/   Use ROT13 twice to decrypt this message.   \_@ @_/