Wassenaar followup

Fabio Coatti cova at felix.unife.it
Fri Dec 11 14:57:37 CET 1998

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 02:15:19PM +0100, Thomas Roessler wrote:

> > domain" then there will be no restrictions, but GPL soft can be considered
> > "public domain"?
>
> "Public Domain" has a special meaning in the context of the wassenaar
> agreement.  See the definition of terms under
> http://www.fitug.de/news/wa/Def.html.

Man many thanks... I've missed the "definitions" chapter, damn "Transfer
interrupted" :-)

So I think that GPLed soft if fully qualified PD program in
Wass. Agreement.
Very good news.

The paragraph about public domain:

GTN "In the public domain"
GSN  This means "technology" or "software" which has been made available
      without restrictions upon its further dissemination.
      N.B. Copyright restrictions do not remove "technology" or
      "software" from being "in the public domain".

--
Fabio Coatti                    http://felix.unife.it/~cova
Ferrara Linux Users Group       http://flug.unife.it