Wassenaar followup

Thomas Roessler roessler at guug.de
Fri Dec 11 20:12:28 CET 1998

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 11:47:09AM -0800, Max Inux wrote:

> Question is, now with this new agreement are US people safe, I mean
> can us US Slave citizen units export pd crypto now?

No.

The Arrangement is an agreement between governments.  It still has
to be implemented in national legislation.  National legislation can
decide to be stricter than the arrangement (that's what the US are
already doing, and I don't think they will stop this), and they can
decide to implement it in a - mh - rather lose way.  (That's what I
expect Germany to do with respect to crypto.)

tlr
--
Thomas Roessler · 74a353cc0b19 · dg1ktr · http://home.pages.de/~roessler/
     2048/CE6AC6C1 · 4E 04 F0 BC 72 FF 14 23 44 85 D1 A1 3B B0 73 C1