>From woes

Thomas Roessler roessler at guug.de
Wed Dec 16 13:47:14 CET 1998

On Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 09:15:39AM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:

>> What is the incantation to tell gpg to escape "From-space" lines
>> when doing ascii amour or --clearsig?  It seems that the pgp
>> versions 2.6.3a and 5.0 that I have access to are doing "- From "
>> lines for ascii amour text without being told anything special.

> Because I think a MUA should cope with these starnge things.

I disagree.  Clear signing is often used with primitive MUAs which
tend to know nothing about PGP and (often) don't do the escaping
themselves.

Thus, having gpg escape "From " lines would be seriously useful.

tlr
--
Thomas Roessler · 74a353cc0b19 · dg1ktr · http://home.pages.de/~roessler/
     2048/CE6AC6C1 · 4E 04 F0 BC 72 FF 14 23 44 85 D1 A1 3B B0 73 C1