0.9.0 --clearsign does not generate correct armor

brian moore bem at cmc.net
Sun Dec 27 14:11:23 CET 1998

On Sun, Dec 27, 1998 at 03:52:54PM -0600, James H. Cloos Jr. wrote:

> Werner> Workaround:
>
> Werner> echo "comment \"see www.gnupg.org\"" >>~/.gnupg/options
>
> Speaking of which, would using http://www.gnupg.org rather than just
> www.gnupg.org break anything?  In my tests w/ 0.9.0 everything works
> but I do not have pgp installed to compare.  (It is the colon in the
> comment that gives me concern.)

Shouldn't be a problem... I've had a colon in mine for ages. :)

> Having a more complete URL will allow MUAs and NUAs to recognize it
> and make it a clickable button.  Sounds like better advertising, eh?

Indeed.  I'm pondering signing my Usenet posts partly for that reason.
(And partly because it's trivial to forge Usenet posts and there are a
couple forgery attacks going on at the moment.)

--
Brian Moore                       | "The Zen nature of a spammer resembles
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     |  a cockroach, except that the cockroach