first pubring and a new release
wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Mon Feb 9 18:41:23 CET 1998
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is a new relases with many fixes and enhancements.
Get it from "ftp.guug.de/pub/gcrypt". "g10/pubring.g10" is the ring
with my public key; it is also available at
I made 2 signatures of the tar file, one with PGP and one with G10 :-)
The diff file does not contain pubring.g10 because it is binary and I
don't know how to feed such a file to patch - any hints?
* Found a bug in the calculation of ELG fingerprints. This is now
fixed, but all existing fingerprints and keyids for ELG keys
are not any more valid. Sorry.
* armor should now work; including clear signed text.
* moved some options to the new program g10maint
* It's now 64 bit clean and runs fine on an alpha--linux.
* Key generation is much faster now. I fixed this by using not
so strong random number for the primes (this was a bug because the
ElGamal primes are public parameters and it does not make sense
to generate them from strong random). The real secret is the x value
which is still generated from strong (okay: /dev/random) random bits.
* added option "--status-fd": see g10/OPTIONS
* We have secure memeory on systems which support mlock().
It is not complete yet, because we do not have signal handler
which does a cleanup in very case.
We should also check the ulimit for the user in the case
that the admin does not have set a limit on locked pages.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: G10 pre-release 0.2.3
Comment: This is an alpha test version!
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Werner Koch, Duesseldorf - werner.koch at guug.de - PGP keyID: 0C9857A5
More information about the Gnupg-devel