The name G10

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Wed Jan 21 09:53:24 CET 1998

Richard Stallman <rms at santafe.edu> writes:

> Perhaps you could find out what kind of products these companies make.

PSST = Professional Software, Solutions and Technology, Inc.

G10 = G-10 is a integrated national network of Autodesk System Centers
     (ASC) with strategic locations throughout the U.S. and Canada. We
     specialize in Autodesk solutions, document management, and related
     products and services.

The name G10 for the PGP replacement is a play on the G10-Gesetz which
renders our (german) constitution's article 10  (guarantee of privacy
in communication) more or less useless.  I used it as a working name but
some folks said, it's a good name anyway.

We may better choose another name?

Suggestions:

* EFP (even freer privacy)

* RGP (recht gut privat)  a german translation of PGP

* RGG (recht gut geheim)

* RGV (rech gut vertraulich)

* GSV (ganz schön vertraulich)

* GSP (ganz schön privat) or (GNU's strong privacy)

* GSG (ganz schön geheim) also the name of the German border control staff

* GGP (ganz gut privat)

* GGV (ganz gut vertraulich)

WHOIS does only have userids for the last two, but there is a "ggv.net"
which is not software related I think.  All others are valid domain.

Is it really so hard to find a name?

--
Werner Koch, Duesseldorf  -   werner.koch at guug.de   -  PGP keyID: 0C9857A5