rel 0.2.1

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Wed Jan 28 17:03:13 CET 1998

Hi,

Here is a new release:

    * We have secure memory on systems which support mlock().
      It is not complete yet, because we do not have a signal handler
      which does a cleanup in very case.
      We should also check the ulimit for the user in the case
      that the admin does not have set a limit on locked pages.

    * started with internationalization support.

    * rewrote the armor stuff, but it is still not complete;
      put the option "--no-armor" into your ~/.g10/options

   * To use the secure memory, you have to install the program as
     suid(root): chown root g10; chmod u+s g10.
     uid root is dropped directly after locking the memory pool.

--
Werner Koch, Duesseldorf  -   werner.koch at guug.de   -  PGP keyID: 0C9857A5