GPG-PGP5 Interoperation --no-comment

Markus Gruber Markus.Gruber at ilo.baynet.de
Fri Jul 24 15:58:17 CEST 1998

> > I also tried the following:
> > gpg --compress-algo 1 -eat testfile
> >
> > The same ascetic fault message with pgpv as above.
>
> Did you try "--no-comment" ?  There was so mnuch trouble with
> the commet packets:  Reuse of an other packet, got another id
> assigned, has been removed completly and the current situation is that
> I use a packet id which is resevered for experimentation.
> --no-comment disables comment packets.

I tried it:
gpg --compress-algo 1 --no-comment -eat testfile

The same with pgpv. I tried to increase verbosity of pgpv:

markus at poro:/opt/home/markus > pgpv +VERBOSE=1 testfile.asc
Opening file "/dev/null" type text.
markus at poro:/opt/home/markus > pgpv +VERBOSE=2 testfile.asc
Reading secret keyring "/home/markus/.pgp/secring.skr"
Reading public keyring "/home/markus/.pgp/pubring.pkr"
Opening file "/dev/null" type text.
markus at poro:/opt/home/markus > pgpv +VERBOSE=100 testfile.asc
Reading secret keyring "/home/markus/.pgp/secring.skr"
Reading public keyring "/home/markus/.pgp/pubring.pkr"
Opening file "/dev/null" type text.
markus at poro:/opt/home/markus >

That's all the info to get out of pgpv.

Bye,