Java version

Ron Echeverri rone at B1FF.nas.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 3 14:41:16 CET 1998

Steve Kennedy writes:
  I'm involved with developing an E-Commerce system, the back-end runs
  on UNIX (though it could run on any platform) and we were thinking
  of encrypting the merchant transactions using something like GPG.
  The client (which the merchant runs to design the catalogue, upload
  catalogue data, download transaction logs etc) is written in Java so
  it will be multiplatform. To download their transaction logs it
  would be nice to have a GPG Java version.  Looks like we maay have
  to use PGP :(

I would think that, with PGP, there would be a huge overhead cost for
the commerce server.  You might want to look at SSLeay to see if
there's a better way to do it.  I would not want to use GPG right now
for that particular purpose simply because it is still an unfinished
product.

rone
--
Ron Echeverri			Numerical Aerospace Simulation Facility
DSS/Usenet Administrator	NASA Ames Research Center