Some bugs in 0.4.3? (was: A sunday release)

Roland Rosenfeld roland at spinnaker.rhein.de
Tue Nov 10 12:03:36 CET 1998

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Werner Koch wrote:

> > /usr/local/bin/gpgm --no-verbose --batch --with-colons --list-keys
> > which runs a long time (4 minutes now with 97% CPU time). I tried
> > this command out by hand and found out that this behavior seems to
> > depend on the --with-colons option (without this option gpgm
> > outputs the keys

> --with-colons list the validiyt if the key, so it has to do some
> trust checking stuff - we really need to cache the validity of keys.

I checked this with the debugger and found out, that gpgm runs in an
endless loop in release_lid_table() in trustdb.c where some
next-pointers are cyclic...

Ciao

        Roland

--
  * Internet: roland at spinnaker.rhein.de * Fido: 2:2450/42 *
 PGP: 1024/DD08DD6D   2D E7 CC DE D5 8D 78 BE  3C A0 A4 F1 4B 09 CE AF