UI

Zack Weinberg zack at rabi.columbia.edu
Tue Nov 10 11:39:10 CET 1998

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:44:56 -0100, "Holger Schurig" wrote:
>>I hope the low frequency of patches is mostly due to my restrictive
>>handling of patches (due to the FSF requirements) :-)
>
>I once send something in --- to start, I send a little documentation
>update. Werner immediately said back "No, you have to sign something,
>otherwise I can't accept stuff from you" (which is PERFECTLY ok, I
>don't want to ... hmmm, in German I would say that "dass ich Werner
>nicht an den Karren pinkeln wuerde" but I guess that an english
>translation totally looses the meaning :-)
>

>However, I tried to get some answer from FSF.ORG, from "info
>standards" and also from Werner WHAT to actually sign, but never really
>with any usable response. "info standards" for example just says:

The procedure is described at http://egcs.cygnus.com/contribute.html.
Basically you have to sign a copyright assignment form, which is right
there, and mail it to the FSF.  Which form you fill out depends on how
much you've contributed and whether you plan on doing so again in the
future.  If you are employed to write programs, you may have to get
another form signed by your boss.

fsf.org is really bad about updating their website, which is why this
is over at Cygnus.

zw