Some bugs in 0.4.3? (was: A sunday release)

Roland Rosenfeld roland at spinnaker.rhein.de
Wed Nov 11 02:49:52 CET 1998

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Werner Koch wrote:

> > I checked this with the debugger and found out, that gpgm runs in
> > an endless loop in release_lid_table() in trustdb.c where some
> > next-pointers are cyclic...

> I remember: I fixed this yesterday morning while on the train, the
> table has not been cleared after reusing an already used table.
>
> It's fixed in the CVS.

Yes, great, this fixes both bugs, I noticed in my previous mail.

The only problem seems to be in the mutt integration with large key
rings now, because mutt calls
        gpgm --no-verbose --batch --with-colons --list-keys
without the addressee as parameter and this is quite slow (nearly 2
minutes for a pubring with 2090 keys on a K6/200 processor).

The above command has to become much faster or we have to change mutt
to call it with the addressee as a parameter (at the moment, mutt asks
for the complete pubring and selects the matching keys itself).

Ciao

        Roland

--
  * Internet: roland at spinnaker.rhein.de * Fido: 2:2450/42 *
 PGP: 1024/DD08DD6D   2D E7 CC DE D5 8D 78 BE  3C A0 A4 F1 4B 09 CE AF