[0.4.4] public keys twice in pubring?

Roland Rosenfeld roland at spinnaker.rhein.de
Sat Nov 21 14:07:22 CET 1998

gpg -kv 'Roland Rosenfeld'

gives me the following output:

gpg (GnuPG) 0.4.4; Copyright (C) 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

pub  1024D/A2B93BFF 1998-10-10 Roland Rosenfeld <roland at spinnaker.rhein.de>
uid                            Roland Rosenfeld <roland at debian.org>
sub  1536g/650CC8CC 1998-10-10
pub  1024R/DD08DD6D 1995-01-15 Roland Rosenfeld <roland at spinnaker.rhein.de>
uid                            Roland Rosenfeld <roland at debian.org>
uid                            Roland Rosenfeld <rosenfel at uran.informatik.uni-bonn.de>
pub  1024D/A2B93BFF 1998-10-10 Roland Rosenfeld <roland at spinnaker.rhein.de>
uid                            Roland Rosenfeld <roland at debian.org>
sub  1536g/650CC8CC 1998-10-10
pub  1024R/DD08DD6D 1995-01-15 Roland Rosenfeld <roland at spinnaker.rhein.de>
uid                            Roland Rosenfeld <roland at debian.org>
uid                            Roland Rosenfeld <rosenfel at uran.informatik.uni-bonn.de>

As you can see, all keys are displayed twice. IMHO this isn't
correct...
But I don't know, whether the keys (the same seems to happen to _all_
keys in my pubring) are stored twice in the pubring or only displayed
twice.

Here's my options file:

force-v3-sigs
compress-algo 1
keyring gnupg-gdbm:pubring.gpg
load-extension rsa
load-extension idea

Maybe the problem has to do with the gdbm-pubring?

Another question: Is there any chance to import a gdbm keyring? When
having problems before, I used to move the old pubring to bak, created
a new one and imported the backup. This doesn't seem to work with a
gdbm keyring, instead of this I get the following message:

gpg: no valid RFC1991 or OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

Ciao

        Roland

--
  * Internet: roland at spinnaker.rhein.de * Fido: 2:2450/42 *
 PGP: 1024/DD08DD6D   2D E7 CC DE D5 8D 78 BE  3C A0 A4 F1 4B 09 CE AF