0.4.1 released

Werner Koch wk at isil.d.shuttle.de
Wed Oct 7 16:18:50 CEST 1998

Hi,

I have released gnupg 0.4.1, it is available at

  ftp://ftp.guug.de/pub/gcrypt/gnupg-0.4.1.tar.gz

diff file:  ftp://ftp.guug.de/pub/gcrypt/diffs/gnupg-0.4.1.diff.gz
a new Windoze binary is also availabe in the binary directory.

See

  http://www.d.shuttle.de/isil/gnup/mirros.html

for a list of mirror sites.

What's new:

* A secondary key is used when the primary key is specified but cannot
  be used for the operation (if it is a sign-only key).

* GNUPG can now handle concatenated armored messages:  There is still a
  bug if different kinds of messages are mixed.

* Iterated+Salted passphrases now work.  If want to be sure that PGP5
  is able to handle them you may want to use the options
    "--s2k-mode 3 --s2k-cipher-algo cast5 --s2k-digest-algo sha1"
  when changing a passphrase.

* doc/OpenPGP talks about OpenPGP compliance, doc/HACKING gives
  a few hints about the internal structure.

* Checked gnupg against the August 1998 draft (07) and I believe
  it is in compliance with this document (except for one point).

* Fixed some bugs in the import merging code and rewrote some
  code for the trustdb.

Please report bugs to g10 at net.lut.ac.uk

I hope to setup a anon CVS next week.