0.4.1 released

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Wed Oct 7 17:03:11 CEST 1998

> gnupg-0.4.1:
>
> solaris-sparc:
>   two tests fail. genkey seems to time out early (not sure why, the 'expect'
>   code called for a timeout of 600, but it seemed to give up after maybe 10
>   seconds).
>
>   encryptp.test fails with:
>
> (../g10/gpg --homedir . --yes) failed
> gpg: note: secret key 2E5FA4F4 is NOT protected.
> gpg: note: cipher algorithm 4 not found in preferences
> gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=67)
> FAIL: encryptp.test
>

> I hope to investigate these more later.

Both failures are a direct result of the rand-dummy warnings (since Solaris
has no /dev/random). encryptp.test fails because the log_info() message "gpg:
warning: using insecure random number generator" gets merged in stdout with
the output crypttext, which then shows up as bogus input crypttext to the
decrypt side of the pipe. genkey1024.test seems to fail because the warning
message is emitted during prime generation (in the middle of the ...+++...
sequence) and terminates the 'expect' clause early. If I #ifdef out the
warning messages, all tests pass. So the only solaris patch necessary is the
different __muldi3 kludge. (although a real RNG would be nice too).

thanks,
 -Brian
  warner at lothar.com