GPG/PGP5 encryption

brian moore bem at cmc.net
Sun Oct 25 11:58:01 CET 1998

On Sun, Oct 25, 1998 at 06:34:11PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> > I have in my .gnupg/options:
> >     force-v3-sigs
>
> You really need this and GnuPG will now create an option file with this
> set if you never installed it before.

Ah, good.

> >     cipher-algo cast5
> >     compress-algo 1
>
> Hmm, both should be handled by the preferences . I have to give that
> another test.

It probably works fine.... but the key I'm sending to was created with
GPG and imported to PGP5.   So GPG is seeing what it wants to see.
Perhaps there needs to be a 'preferences editor' in --edit-key to let
you change your preferences.

And now there is very little reason for keeping PGP5 around.

I've got some fighting to do with gettext/autoconf to make CVS usable:
for some reason the gettext you're using doesn't compile on my system.
(Lots of unresolved symbols when it links, things like 'binddomain' and
such that it just built.)  The same problem afflicts mutt-cvs, so I
should hunt down just what it's mad about.

--
Brian Moore                       | "The Zen nature of a spammer resembles
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     |  a cockroach, except that the cockroach